Recipe by Budgiegirl
I got this recipe out of a Weight Watcher's recipe magazine. It's 6 points per serving but tastes like it should be much more because it is so good. I like to serve these with soup of some kind. It is especially good with tomato soup.
- 1 (8 ounce) container light cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice (don't leave out)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos, drained
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cream cheese in a medium mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Spread 1/4 cup cheese mixture over each of 8 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Coat both sides of sandwich with cooking spray.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add 2 sandwiches at a time, cooking 5 minutes on each side, or until bread is toasted and cheese melted.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.