Recipe by 3rdshift
I've been making grilled cheese sandwiches for years and always change things up. This is my absolute favorite technique - just one ingredient makes a world of difference.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- cream cheese, light is okay
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet over medium.
- Spread cream cheese on both slices of bread.
- Top each bread slice with a slice of cheese and close the sandwich.
- Butter the outside of the bread and fry briefly until golden brown on both sides.
- Once you've put cream cheese on your grilled cheese sandwich, you'll never have it any other way.