Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Roasted herbed focaccia bread with a blend of melted Cheddar and pepperjack cheese sandwiched with roasted red peppers. You will need time to roast the red pepper and then it will need time to cool and then make the sandwich. Have tasted with red peppers from the jar and it tastes nothing like this one.
- Spray grate of outdoor grill and utensils with Pam for Grilling Spray.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill bell pepper until slightly blackened on all sides.
- Cool; cut into thin strips.
- Spread hummus over cut sides of foccacia bread.
- Layer each slice of bread with 1 slice Cheddar cheese, 1 slice pepperjack cheese and bell pepper strips.
- Place 2 of the bread slices together for form a sandwich.
- Grill sandwich on each side until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.
- *Cook faster by using a heavy grill press. Or cover a clean brick with heavy duty foil. Spray with Pam for Grilling and place on top of sandwich to speed grilling.
- **Thick-sliced sourdough or French bread is also a delicious choice for the bread in this recipe.