Roasted herbed focaccia bread with a blend of melted Cheddar and pepperjack cheese sandwiched with roasted red peppers. You will need time to roast the red pepper and then it will need time to cool and then make the sandwich. Have tasted with red peppers from the jar and it tastes nothing like this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray grate of outdoor grill and utensils with Pam for Grilling Spray.
- 2Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 3Grill bell pepper until slightly blackened on all sides.
- 4Cool; cut into thin strips.
- 5Spread hummus over cut sides of foccacia bread.
- 6Layer each slice of bread with 1 slice Cheddar cheese, 1 slice pepperjack cheese and bell pepper strips.
- 7Place 2 of the bread slices together for form a sandwich.
- 8Grill sandwich on each side until cheese is melted and bread is lightly browned.
- 9*Cook faster by using a heavy grill press. Or cover a clean brick with heavy duty foil. Spray with Pam for Grilling and place on top of sandwich to speed grilling.
- 10**Thick-sliced sourdough or French bread is also a delicious choice for the bread in this recipe.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese & Red Pepper Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 649.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted bell pepper hummus