Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Thes are so delicious! We grill out a lot and have these quite often because they are a favorite with our family and with guests. This recipe was submitted by Bearly Smokin' in the KC Barbeque Society cookbook.
- 1 -2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 unpeeled red potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Brush large sheet heavy duty foil with oil (or spray generously with cooking spray).
- Place potatoes and onion in center of foil.
- Add butter, swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper; mix gently.
- Fold and seal foil; double wrap with heavy duty foil.
- Grill over hot coals for 25 minutes per side.
Definitely a nice diferent side dish! I made a double batch leaving out the onion in half of it. Thanks KC!
These potatoes were excellent! I made as posted except I put them in a disposable aluminum pan to cook on the grill. This is a very easy recipe and it tastes great with a grilled steak. Thanks for posting!!!
Great recipe! Flavor was just YUMMY! DH is a tater man and he really liked this recipe. Great to make when your grilling at the lake. Love the cheesy taste!I want to use cheddar next time along with both of the cheeses in this recipe. Thanks for sharing a great recipe for grilling potatoes!