Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Three ingredient sandwich that is unbelievably tasty! My daughter requested I post this - she ate tons of these growing up. Kids adore these sandwiches - and I do too!
- 2 slices thick bread
- 2 slices American cheese or 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Spread butter on one slice of bread.
- Place butter side down in a pre-heated, non-stick skillet and spread one tablespoon of the pizza sauce on the bread.
- Layer the slices of cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
- Spread the other tablespoon of pizza sauce on the bread, place on top the cheese and butter the top side of the bread.
- Grill on each side until golden brown.
I make these grilled cheese sandwiches any time I have some left over pizza sauce. Very Delicious!
I used to make something like this but with the sandwhich maker, but I like these a lot better. The only thing I did different was I used cheddar cheese, and put pepperoni on them. Weill make these again!!!!!!
These were a hit! Believe it or not my girls are not too crazy about grilled cheese. They ate these up. I added pepperoni to my oldest DD's sandwich. I think I might try adding some "toppings" to mine next time...sauteed mushrooms, onion...yum! Thanks for the great idea!