Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not your usual grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 2 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce on each piece of bread.
- Place mozzarella and provolone cheese slices on side with sauce on first piece of bread.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the cheese slices.
- Top with second piece of bread, sauce side down.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Place sandwich in skillet and cook on both sides until cheese inside is melted and outside is golden brown or darker if you like.
oh yum this was delicious, what a great sandwich, my DS thoroughly enjoyed this thanks for sharing Lainey!
I was having a pizza craving this afternoon and came across this in the reviews. It is absolutely fantastic! No need to change a thing ... it is perfect as is! Pizza craving satisfied ... thanks! :)
Very good sandwich. I used wheat bread and shredded cheese. Super simple sandwich that I served with tomato soup. The kids loved them. I think I would add a little Parmesan cheese next time. Made and reviewed for 123 Wonder Tag Game - Thanks :)