Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
The grand kids loves these, they’re easy to make. Even the older people like it with peppers and onions--great kid’s meals.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 slice American cheese or 1 slice the cheese, you like
- 6 pepperoni (I pre-cook mine, but some people like it uncooked)
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce (for my liking I put pre-cook peppers and onions(you can do almost anything you like with it)
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place one slice in skillet butter side down.
- Top with cheese, pepperoni pizza sauce and second bread slice, butter side up.
- Cook over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
I first found this recipe in a Taste of Home Quick Cooking cookbook my mom gave me. We gave it a try the other night just for a change of pace, quick and simple meal. Very easy and tastes really good! We used sliced provolone cheese and 9 pepperoni on each (more complete coverage of the bread). My husband had his as-is, while I tried dipping mine in a little bit of extra sauce. Both ways were enjoyed. The sauce I used was #232188 (KIttencal's No-Cook Pizza Sauce). Turned out great. I look forward to trying other reviewers' suggestions on additional pizza toppings to be used in this. Thanks for posting!
What a fun take on grilled cheese! Very easy to make and quite tasty too! Yum! Thank you for the great idea!
That was very good. I was looking for a recipe that included pizza sauce and this was very quick and tasty. My brother saaw me make it and wanted to try it. He loved it very much and decided to make some for himself. :) Thanks for sharing!