Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I always have pickles on the side with my basic grilled cheese sandwich so I thought they'd taste good right in the sandwich itself. I also thought sweet Vidalia Onions would taste great with it as well. I hope you like it.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 -2 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 -3 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 -2 kosher dill pickle (I use Sandwich Stackers, also Bread and Butter pickles work well, too)
- 1 -2 thinly sliced vidalia onion
- Heat 1 T butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Spread 1 T butter on 1 slice of wheat bread and another T butter on the other slice of wheat bread.
- Place 1 slice, buttered side down, in skillet.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of the cheese on top of this bread slice.
- Place pickle slice or slices on top of cheese.
- Place onion slices on top of pickles.
- Put other slice of bread, butter side up, on top.
- Fry in pan until both slices are golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
I used bread and butter pickles in mine. And I added 2 slices of maple ham. It was delicious. I grilled it on my panini pan. Thanks Lainey. Made for Holiday tag
So easy but soooooo delicious!! I used the max cheese & butter & omitted the onions. Very tasty & really nice texture contrast with the smooth cheese & crunchy, warm pickle!!
Loved grilled cheese - and couldn't not love your grilled cheese with the added crunchiness of the pickle!!! Didn't add much onions but added more pickles instead!! ;) Grilled it on my George Foreman Grill. Thanks Lainey! :)