Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I know I know! This sounds like a strange combo but I love weird sandwich combinations and I came up with this one using 3 of about my favorite foods in the world Pickles, Tomatoes and good old American cheese. Tastes delicious!
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 slice American cheese (Kraft singles work best)
- kosher dill pickle (Sandwich Stackers work best)
- thinly sliced tomatoes
- Spread butter on one side each of 2 slices of bread.
- Place 1 piece of American cheese on a non-buttered side of bread.
- Place tomato slices on top of the cheese.
- Lay thin slices of dill pickle on top of tomato slices.
- Put other slice of bread, butter side up, on top.
- Fry in a pan until both sides are nicely browned.
This is great! Iam a big fan of the grilled cheese, and I usually try to do something a little different with it each time. I love pickles and tomatoes so it was perfect. After i butter the bread, i sprinkled a little garlic salt on each side, very good. Thank you for the idea.