1/2 Photos of Grilled Cheese on Raisin Bread
This sandwich is a little different than the usual grilled cheese but so good. I always serve it with a bit of corn syrup for dipping (ketchup would not work!). Actually, when we were growing up grilled cheese always came with a side of corn syrup for dipping and that still is the way I like it best. I am a cheese lover, extra old cheddar is my favorite but on this sandwich I go back to Velveeta which once again takes me back to my childhood. This sandwich is quite sweet so if you don't like sweet it won't be your cup of tea!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cheese on top of one slice of bread and then cover with the other slice.
- 2Lightly butter outer sides of both slices of bread.
- 3Grill at medium heat in a frying pan until light brown.
- 4Turn and grill the other side.
- 5Serve with corn syrup. (if you prefer not to use it that is fine, it will still be good!).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese on Raisin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 1069.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 13.3 g