- 1 cup dungeness crabmeat
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (or tartar sauce)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gouda cheese (or use cheddar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 8 slices bread
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, sofetened
Directions See How It's Made
- in a small bowl, mix crab, mayonnaise (or tartar sauce), onion, cheese, ground mustard and pepper.
- Butter outside of sandwich of each slice of bread. Place 1/4 of the crab mixture on the unbuttered side of 4 slices of the bread and sandwich together with remaining 4 slices of bread (buttered sides out).
- Heat large saute skillet to medium heat and cook sandwiches on both sides, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.