Recipe by Hey Jude
Great way to use up leftover meatloaf! Use the hearty, or country style, white bread slices that are larger than regular white bread.
Top Review by Ivan W.
Awesome recipe! I prefer to use a flat top griddle though, brown and heat up the leftover meatloaf while the bread toasts and the cheese melts, you can even form a thin patty of leftover potatoes to go on it. Different cheeses and add tomatoes, deeeelicious!
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 8 slices hearty white bread
- 12 slices American cheese
- 8 slices cold meatloaf (1/2-inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush butter evenly on 1 side of each bread slice and place four of the slices, buttered side down, into skillet.
- Top each with 1 1/2 slices cheese, 2 meat loaf slices and then an additional 1 1/2 slices of cheese.
- Top with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- Cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden; serve immediately.