Recipe by JoeNY58
This recipe makes and excellent lunch but can also be used for parties, pitch-in dinners or a simple appetizer. Easy to make and very tasty! I like to add a sprinkling of Italian seasoning on top of the cheese for some extra flavor. Sliced black olives are also tasty. You can add whatever you like to spice up the Italian flavors.
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast both red peppers and remove the skin, and slice into pieces to fit the sandwiches. (Bottle roasted peppers can be used. Just slice them to fit the sandwiches.).
- Melt the butter in a small microwave safe bowl.
- Brush one side of each slice of Italian bread with the melted butter. (Make sure to cover the edges carefully for the best crispness.).
- Place slices of bread, butter side down on a grill side by side.
- Place 2 slices of Provolone cheese on each bread slice.
- Place red pepper slices on top of the Provolone.
- Top each sandwich with the remaining slices of bread, butter side up.
- Grill each sandwich at 325-350 degrees on the grill until golden brown.
- Carefully flip each sandwich with a spatula and grill until golden brown.
- Remove and serve.
- For parties or pitch-in dinners cut each sandwich into quarters. Cutting corner to corner is a bit more festive.