Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a yummy grilled cheese with a twist!!!! If you dont like fresh basil, please do not use it in your sandwich.. it is optional.
- 2 slices Italian bread or 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, sliced deli style
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, rinsed and dried
- fresh basil leaf, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing
- Put one slice of cheese on one slice of bread; top with peppers and basil leaves.
- Place remaining cheese on top, and close with second slice of bread.
- Brush dressing over outside surface of bread slices.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-low to medium heat and cook your sandwich 3 mins per side or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
I didn't like the idea of having salad dressing, so I used a high quality olive oil with really good olive-y flavour. It was very good!
there just isn't anything not to love about this. It is ultra simple, but just oh so perfect. I used provolone cheese and the dressing was Ken's Steak House olive oil vinegarette, but concept was the same.
We ate this for lunch along with Flemish Minx's Shrimp Pasta Salad #89551. This was a great Mediterranean luncheon. I did use the red peppers on mine on sour dough sandwich buns! Yum!!