Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and different lunch idea.
- 4 slices Italian bread, 1 inch thick
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese or 4 slices provolone cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cut a 3 inch pocket in each slice of bread and place a slice of cheese in each pocket.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Soak bread for 2 minutes on each side then coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook on a greased hot skillet or griddle until sandwiches are golden brown on each side.
Delicious! I ate something like this during the Christmas break so I was really pleased to find this recipe. Very clear instructions: the only changes I made were to use 3 cloves of minced garlic and half an onion, also minced, instead of the garlic salt and to add some parmesan to the breadcrumbs; and I sprinkled some chopped fresh basil on top of the sandwiches when they were served. Thanks for sharing this delicious brunch/snack recipe!