Recipe by MarraMamba
adapted from paninihappy blog, this is a simple but wonderful panini/grilled cheese. Because it does not have a lot of other ingredients, make sure you use good raclette (or gruyere) and honey. The amounts are guidelines only, go by your own taste Updated 28.30.12 God this is good..I also tried it with taleggio which worked well.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
What a great tasting, grilled cheese sandwich! Absolutely wonderful & satisfying! Doubled the recipe for the 2 of us & had it for lunch with a chicken & bean soup! Will be doing this one again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
- 1 -2 slice raclette cheese, 1/8th of an inch thick
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey (to taste)
- butter, melted
- 2 slices French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat (375 degrees).
- Brush melted butter onto outer sides of each slice of bread. Spread a thin layer of honey on the inside of one slice of bread. Top with slices of raclette (enough to cover bread, about 1/8″ thick). Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Grill sandwich for 3 minutes until cheese is melted and golden grill marks appear. Serve immediately and enjoy!