Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Straight out of the south and into your tummies!
Make and share this Grilled Cheese & Fried Green Tomato Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Slice tomato so that you have three nice slices. Dip in cornmeal.(add s&p, if using, to the cornmeal before dipping).
- Heat a non-stick skillet with just enough oil to fry tomatoes. Fry until brown on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- Wipe skillet clean and return to heat.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread.
- Place one slice, buttered side down in skillet and immediately top with cheese and fried tomato slices.
- Top with second piece of bread, buttered side up. Press down with spatula. Turn when underside is golden brown.
- Cook on second side until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- I like using Munster cheese and seven-grain bread.