Recipe by Rita~
Bacon can be skipped or replaced with ham. Tomatoes are also good on the sandwiches. 1 slice of cheese is plenty because of the richness of the eggs. The kids love it. If you like serve with syrup. If using bacon do try this method Oven Cooked Bacon With Black Pepper and Brown Sugar it makes clean up a breeze.
Top Review by **Mandy**
I'd never had a savoury French toats before so this was a lovely surprise, I love ham and cheese toasted sandwiches but this just goes that extra step further. Delicous brekky that was most enjoyed. made for ZWT 4.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk or 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 6 slices white bread
- 3 slices American cheese
- 3 slices crispy cooked bacon, sliced in half (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- syrup (optional) or raspberry jam, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a griddle melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix eggs with buttermilk.
- Quick dip bread to cover with egg mixture and place on hot griddle, brown one side, and turn place 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of bacon on cooked side of 3 slices of bread.
- Place other 3 slices of bread cooked side down on bacon.
- Flip when bottom is browned.
- Using the other tablespoon of butter as needed.
- Garnish with Syrup or raspberry jam if you want.