Bacon can be skipped or replaced with ham. Tomatoes are also good on the sandwiches. 1 slice of cheese is plenty because of the richness of the eggs. The kids love it. If you like serve with syrup. If using bacon do try this method Oven Cooked Bacon With Black Pepper and Brown Sugar it makes clean up a breeze.
- Heat a griddle melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Mix eggs with buttermilk.
- Quick dip bread to cover with egg mixture and place on hot griddle, brown one side, and turn place 1 slice of cheese and 2 slices of bacon on cooked side of 3 slices of bread.
- Place other 3 slices of bread cooked side down on bacon.
- Flip when bottom is browned.
- Using the other tablespoon of butter as needed.
- Garnish with Syrup or raspberry jam if you want.