Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I "borrowed" this "KID FRIENDLY" recipe from "CANADIAN LIVING". Sounds like something my kids would enjoy making!!!
- Lay bread slices on counter.
- Divide mustard equally among slices; spread evenly with knife.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on 2 of the bread slices; cover with remaining slices of bread, mustard side down.
- Press together lightly.
- Break eggs into bowl; whisk until yolk and white are blended.
- Whisk in milk, salt and pepper.
- Lay 1 sandwich in egg mixture.
- Using both lifters, one under and one on top, turn sandwich to soak both sides.
- Place on sheet of waxed paper.
- Repeat with second sandwich, letting it soak up all the remaining egg mixture.
- Place skillet over medium heat; add butter and oil, swirling to coat surface.
- Lay sandwiches in skillet; cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown underneath.
- Using both lifters, one under and one on top, turn each sandwich.
- Cook for about 3 minutes longer or until golden brown underneath and cheese is melted and oozy.