Boyz 5's Note:
I "borrowed" this "KID FRIENDLY" recipe from "CANADIAN LIVING". Sounds like something my kids would enjoy making!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lay bread slices on counter.
- 2Divide mustard equally among slices; spread evenly with knife.
- 3Place 2 slices of cheese on 2 of the bread slices; cover with remaining slices of bread, mustard side down.
- 4Press together lightly.
- 5Break eggs into bowl; whisk until yolk and white are blended.
- 6Whisk in milk, salt and pepper.
- 7Lay 1 sandwich in egg mixture.
- 8Using both lifters, one under and one on top, turn sandwich to soak both sides.
- 9Place on sheet of waxed paper.
- 10Repeat with second sandwich, letting it soak up all the remaining egg mixture.
- 11Place skillet over medium heat; add butter and oil, swirling to coat surface.
- 12Lay sandwiches in skillet; cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown underneath.
- 13Using both lifters, one under and one on top, turn each sandwich.
- 14Cook for about 3 minutes longer or until golden brown underneath and cheese is melted and oozy.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.2
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 284.6 mg
- Sodium 961.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 25.4 g