I was disappointed with the lack of variation and uses for asparagus; I don't eat much that requires a side dish and stratas are too time-consuming for one person. I came up with this and it is TASTY! If I had tomato, I would have put that in there at the end too. It could also be done in a sandwich maker much more easily! I dip mine in ketchup--I guess that's the only non-grownup part :o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a frying pan or griddle and spray with cooking spray or melt butter/margarine over medium heat.
- 2Break off bottoms of asparagus spears at the point they naturally break.
- 3Sauté for several minutes.
- 4At the same time, either butter your bread or place it plain on the griddle or pan.
- 5Top with one slice of cheese.
- 6Do the same with the other slice.
- 7When asparagus is tender-crisp, place it on top of one slice of bread.
- 8Place other slice on top and continue frying to melt the cheese.
- 9When the bread is nicely toasted and the cheese is melted enough to hold on the asparagus, remove from heat season with salt and pepper to your liking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese for Grown-Ups
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.2
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 348.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light processed cheese