1/3 Photos of Grilled Cheese Croutons
Such a cool idea! Great on top of tomato soup, or any soup! Sprinkle over salads, pair with fresh tomatoes, have fun! Adapted from 300 Sensational Soups by Carla Snyder and Meredith Deeds, and published in Family Fun magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 2In a small bowl, combine butter and thyme. Spread over one side of each bread slice with the butter mixture.
- 3Place 3 slices in the pan, buttered side down. Top with the cheese, then with remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
- 4Cook, turning once, until toasted on both sides, 3-5 minutes per side.
- 5Remove the sandwiches from the pan. Let them cool slightly, then cut them into 1" squares. Use in soups(tomato is especially nice), on top of salads, etc. Enjoy!
- 6Makes about 60 croutons.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.1
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 25.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g