1 hr 25 mins
Comfort food for a leisurely weekend breakfast or a rushed weeknight dinner if you plan ahead. I like a little mustard powder or cayenne in this, but the boys like it "plain".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the bacon until crisp, remove from pan and crumble.
- 2Saute the onions and garlic in about 1 tablespoon of bacon grease until
- 3tender, about 4 minutes. Combine the onions with the bacon.
- 4Place 4 cups of bread in the bottom of a 9 by 13 pan, top with 2/3 cup cheese and 1/2 the onion mixture and 1/2 of the tomatoes.
- 5Combine the eggs, milk, basil and seasonings and pour half over the tomatoes. Repeat the layers.
- 6Cover and chill over night. Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees for 55 minutes.
- 7Sprinkle with the remaining 2/3 cup of cheese and return to the oven until
- 8the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese, Bacon and Tomato Strata
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.5
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 202.6 mg
- Sodium 331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 15.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: