Krsi Sue's Note:
This matches the sharp tang of pumpernickel rye bread with the smooth flavor of pear. You can use other cheeses with this instead of the gouda. I've tried it with feta and blue cheese as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt 1 tbsp butter in a small frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion, seasoning with salt and pepper and cook until carmelized and set aside. (Be sure to stir occasionally. This takes about 15 minutes.).
- 3In assembly line fashion, put cheese, onions, and pear slices on 4 slices of bread and top with the remaining 4 slices.
- 4Heat a frying pan to medium-low heat and melt 1 tbsp butter.
- 5Add the sandwiches and grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
- 6Flip the sandwiches to toast the other side.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese and Pear Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.7
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 819.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 16.5 g