Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This recipe is for one sandwich, you may increase to desired sandwich amounts.
Top Review by Michelle S.
Oh so yummy! I used lite mayo and only 1 slice of cheese (provolone) in an attempt to save some calories. It made it a tad more challenging to eat and prepare, but I don;t think any flavor was lost in doing so. Infact I think it let the taste of the ham shine through a little more. A great way to kick up your tired old grilled ham amd cheese!
- 1 large egg
- salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter (more if needed)
- 2 slices bread (use Italian or French bread, not thick sliced)
- 2 -3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 2 slices provolone cheese or 2 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow dish (choose a dish large enough to hold the sandwich) whisk the egg with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a small cup or bowl mix together the mayo and mustard then spread onto one side of the bread.
- On the other slice layer the ham and cheese.
- Place the slices together to enclose the ingredients.
- Carefully and quickly dip each side into beaten egg.
- Place onto the hot buttered skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Add in another tablespoons butter then flip the sandwich over.
- Cook until browned on the other side.