Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is for one sandwich, you may increase to desired sandwich amounts.
Make and share this Grilled Cheese and Ham Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- In a shallow dish (choose a dish large enough to hold the sandwich) whisk the egg with salt and black pepper; set aside.
- Melt 1-2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- In a small cup or bowl mix together the mayo and mustard then spread onto one side of the bread.
- On the other slice layer the ham and cheese.
- Place the slices together to enclose the ingredients.
- Carefully and quickly dip each side into beaten egg.
- Place onto the hot buttered skillet.
- Cook until golden brown on the bottom.
- Add in another tablespoons butter then flip the sandwich over.
- Cook until browned on the other side.
Oh so yummy! I used lite mayo and only 1 slice of cheese (provolone) in an attempt to save some calories. It made it a tad more challenging to eat and prepare, but I don;t think any flavor was lost in doing so. Infact I think it let the taste of the ham shine through a little more. A great way to kick up your tired old grilled ham amd cheese!
loved it, thanks Kit.
This is a delicious sandwich! I love the combination of the mayo and Dijon mustard as well as the ham and cheese. I used Swiss cheese this time. Dipping it in the egg mixture is wonderful!