Recipe by Miss Tinkerbell
This is an incredibly easy sandwich to make. I never thought of it before today when I was making my son some fish sticks, and he said he wanted it on a sandwich. Voila!
Top Review by Maito
Really good. Tried dipping in tartar sauce also, and was good that way too. My only complaint is the bread burnt before the cheese ever melted - had to cover the pan for it to melt, and then scrape as much black as I could off the bottom (didn't have any more cheese for a re-do). Usually when I toast sandwiches like this, I use a weight (like a ramekin), and/or they also have a top bread to them - I think the second one might be the way to go, hopefully you could still open it to stick the fish sticks in.
- 4 cooked frozen fish sticks
- 2 slice bread
- 2 slice cheese (I used pepper jack, but any flavor will do)
- margarine or butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook 4 fish sticks according to the package directions.
- Butter two slices of bread (like you would a grilled cheese).
- Put the butter side down on a heated skillet.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese.
- When the bread starts to brown, put the fish sticks on top of one of the slices, and put the other slice on top of that, cheese side down (like a grilled cheese).
- When the sandwich is browned to your liking, remove from skillet, let cool, then slice in half.