1/2 Photos of Grilled Cheese and Bread Skewers
This is an adopted recipe that my husband raved over. I used a Pesto Jack cheese and hunks of leftover roasted garlic ciabatta rolls for the bread. It was FABULOUS. Of course, who doesn't like melty cheese and garlic? The original chef states: "These do not require a very hot fire, so the perfect time to cook them is over the embers, right after you take the main course off the grill."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place a grilling rack over the barbecue, about 4 to 6 inches from the heat.
- 2Put the 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl.
- 3Pat the tomato halves dry with a paper towel and cut into quarters, set aside.
- 4Stir the olive oil, garlic and salt into the tomato oil.
- 5Toss the bread cubes into the oil mixture until they are well-coated.
- 6Thread bread, cheese and tomato quarters, alternately on skewers.
- 7Grill over coals for about 5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt and the bread is toasted.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese and Bread Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.3
- Calories from Fat 365
- Total Fat 40.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.7 mg
- Sodium 666.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 18.8 g