This is an adopted recipe that my husband raved over. I used a Pesto Jack cheese and hunks of leftover roasted garlic ciabatta rolls for the bread. It was FABULOUS. Of course, who doesn't like melty cheese and garlic? The original chef states: "These do not require a very hot fire, so the perfect time to cook them is over the embers, right after you take the main course off the grill."
- Place a grilling rack over the barbecue, about 4 to 6 inches from the heat.
- Put the 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Pat the tomato halves dry with a paper towel and cut into quarters, set aside.
- Stir the olive oil, garlic and salt into the tomato oil.
- Toss the bread cubes into the oil mixture until they are well-coated.
- Thread bread, cheese and tomato quarters, alternately on skewers.
- Grill over coals for about 5 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt and the bread is toasted.
- Serve immediately.