1/1 Photo of Grilled Cheddar, Tomato and Bacon Sandwiches
Christmas Carol's Note:
A gourmet grilled cheese indulgence by Rick Rodgers using a unique technique. Don't let the caloric content sway you however, the enjoyment of this sandwich will outweigh the consequences of consuming it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp.
- 2Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- 3Wash skillet out and dry.
- 4On a clean work surface, place four slices of bread and press 1/4 cup grated sharp cheddar onto each slice.
- 5Top each with two slices of tomato and sprinkle with pepper.
- 6Place two bacon slices over the tomato, breaking to fit sandwich if necessary.
- 7Press 1/4 cup cheese over bacon on each.
- 8Top with remaining bread slices and spread 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise on each.
- 9Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium heat.
- 10Cook two sandwiches at a time, mayonnaise side down, and placing a plate on top of each sandwich to weigh it down.
- 11Cook until bottoms are golden brown, approximately 2 minutes.
- 12Remove plates and spread top of each sandwich with 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise and flip them over.
- 13Once again, top each with a plate and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.
- 14Transfer to work surface and cut sandwiches in half crosswise.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheddar, Tomato and Bacon Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.8
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 1673.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: