1/3 Photos of Grilled Cheddar and Apple Butter Sandwich
This is an adopted recipe that I found to be a nice twist on the traditional grilled cheese. The original chef's comments are as follows: "For some reason, I put a jar of apple butter in my grocery cart today (childhood nostalgia?)...I can't imagine I'm the only one in the world to come up with this, but I dreamt it up today, and I didn't see it on Zaar...so here it is! My 13-month-old daughter ate it right up and literally screamed for more! I used mild Tillamook cheddar cheese, but I think a sharp white cheddar would be amazing, too. Take care to toast it *s l o w l y* neglected (burnt) grilled sandwiches that are "scraped off" and presented scraped-side-down on the plate, are a dirty trick IMHO."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The sandwich is assembled in a cold, non stick skillet.
- 2Butter one side of first slice of bread and place butter-side-down in skillet.
- 3Place one slice of cheese on bread, then 1 Tablespoon apple butter in the center of the cheese.
- 4Top apple butter with second slice of cheese.
- 5Butter one side of second piece of bread and place butter-side-up on last slice of cheese.
- 6Turn on heat to medium/low heat.
- 7Toast each side*s l o w l y* and carefully to achieve a gooey inside and toasty-golden outside.
- 8Eat and repeat!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheddar and Apple Butter Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.9 g
- Cholesterol 119.7 mg
- Sodium 746.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 21.6 g