Planking is a rather new experience for us. I prepare the food and DH does the rest. This recipe is adapted from kraftfoods.com and is so simple to make. The original recipe called for parsley which I didn't have. I used fresh garden basil and loved it. Serve with rice, fresh bread and a salad for a lovely meal that is sure to impress. Please note: The cooking or prep time does not include the time needed to soak the cedar plank.
- 1 cedar plank, untreated (14x7x1 inch)
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (not oil packed)
- 14.79 ml oil
- 907.18 g salmon fillets, cut 1 inch thick
- 473.18 ml cooked basmati rice or 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- Place the plank in water, weight top and soak for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mix the dressing, basil and tomatoes; reserve half the dressing for use when serving the fish; set aside.
- Brush the top of the pre-soaked plank with oil; top with the salmon, skin side down.
- Place on grill; cover with grill lid and grill 10 minutes.
- Brush with dressing mixture and continue to grill for an additional 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- Remove from plank, remove skin and plate on top of cooked rice.
- Spoon a tablespoon or so of reserved dressing over fish, garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.