1/2 Photos of Grilled Cedar-Planked Salmon
Planking is a rather new experience for us. I prepare the food and DH does the rest. This recipe is adapted from kraftfoods.com and is so simple to make. The original recipe called for parsley which I didn't have. I used fresh garden basil and loved it. Serve with rice, fresh bread and a salad for a lovely meal that is sure to impress. Please note: The cooking or prep time does not include the time needed to soak the cedar plank.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cedar plank, untreated (14x7x1 inch)
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, finely chopped (not oil packed)
- 14.79 ml oil
- 907.18 g salmon fillets, cut 1 inch thick
- 473.18 ml cooked basmati rice or 473.18 ml cooked brown rice
- basil leaves (to garnish)
- 1Place the plank in water, weight top and soak for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Preheat grill to medium.
- 3Mix the dressing, basil and tomatoes; reserve half the dressing for use when serving the fish; set aside.
- 4Brush the top of the pre-soaked plank with oil; top with the salmon, skin side down.
- 5Place on grill; cover with grill lid and grill 10 minutes.
- 6Brush with dressing mixture and continue to grill for an additional 10 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork.
- 7Remove from plank, remove skin and plate on top of cooked rice.
- 8Spoon a tablespoon or so of reserved dressing over fish, garnish with additional basil leaves and serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cedar-Planked Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.8 mg
- Sodium 149.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomato vinaigrette dressing