You will need 2 (15 x 6-inch) cedar grilling planks, and plan ahead the planks must be soaked in water for a minimum of 9 hours! This is a never fail recipe with complete instructions for the best tasting cedar-plank salmon you will ever have! Try to use seasoned salt for this, it really brings out tons of flavor! This salmon is even delicious without the lemon topping, adjust all ingredients to taste for the topping.
- Do this 9 hours or more ahead; place the cedar planks in water to completely cover them (use a heavy object to place on top of them to weigh down the planks).
- When ready to grill, for the topping; in a bowl combine the dill, parsley, lemon juice, oil and minced fresh garlic; set aside.
- Sprinkle the salmon with the seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Set grill to about 350 - 400°F.
- Remove the planks from water and place the planks on the cooking grate and grill covered for 2 minutes or until the planks begin to LIGHTLY smoke.
- Place 2 fillets on each of the cedar planks; cover with grill lid and cook for 15-18 minutes or until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Using a heat-proof spatula remove the fish from planks and transfer to serving plates.
- Carefully remove the planks from the grill using long tongs.
- Spoon the herb mixture over the fish and serve immediately.