Houdini's Mom's Note:
This is by far my FAVORITE way of preparing salmon. I first tried it at McGraths Fish House, then duplicated it at home. You can normally find a cedar plank at your local grocery store in the seafood department.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak your cedar plank in water for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through soak time.
- 2While the plank is soaking, mix together butter, basil and minced garlic cloves, spread on salmon.
- 3Salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Heat your grill to low, or the right setting for your grill for fish.
- 5Take your cedar plank out of the water and place the salmon on top of the plank. Place it on the grill and cook for 20-40 minutes depending on how thick your salmon is.Grill with the lid closed.
- 6During the cooking time, if the plank catches on fire, spray it with water.
- 7Salmon is done cooking, when it flakes easily with a fork.
- 8*Note: Whenever I make this it normally takes around 30-45 minutes to cook on the grill. I constantly check it to make sure the plank doesn't burn & the salmon doesn't over cook.
- 9Make sure you have water on hand to spray the cedar plank with, so it doesn't catch on fire.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon With Garlic Basil Butter
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 99.6 mg
- Sodium 185.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 22.9 g