Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is by far my FAVORITE way of preparing salmon. I first tried it at McGraths Fish House, then duplicated it at home. You can normally find a cedar plank at your local grocery store in the seafood department.
- Soak your cedar plank in water for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway through soak time.
- While the plank is soaking, mix together butter, basil and minced garlic cloves, spread on salmon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat your grill to low, or the right setting for your grill for fish.
- Take your cedar plank out of the water and place the salmon on top of the plank. Place it on the grill and cook for 20-40 minutes depending on how thick your salmon is.Grill with the lid closed.
- During the cooking time, if the plank catches on fire, spray it with water.
- Salmon is done cooking, when it flakes easily with a fork.
- *Note: Whenever I make this it normally takes around 30-45 minutes to cook on the grill. I constantly check it to make sure the plank doesn't burn & the salmon doesn't over cook.
- Make sure you have water on hand to spray the cedar plank with, so it doesn't catch on fire.