Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple recipe that taste out of this world. Cook this for friends and they love it! Don't worry about having too much thyme and rosemary. I serve this with grilled corn on the cob and fresh salad.
- cedar plank, made (for cooking, approx. 12 x 6)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb salmon, slab
- 2 large lemons
- 1 (4 ounce) package fresh thyme
- 1 (4 ounce) package fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cupf brown sugar
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 small bottle apple juice
- 1. fill large pan with water. Add the cedar plank and pour in apple juice.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour to overnight. (I use a couple of soup cans to keep the plank submerged in the water.
- 2. Wash and pat dry fish.
- 3. rub the olive oil on both sides of fish.
- 4. rub the brown sugar on both sides of fish.
- 5. slice 1 1/2 lemons into circles about 1/2 inch thick.
- 6. place lemons on top of the plank.
- 7. place half of fresh rosemary and thyme on lemons.
- 8. place fish on top of this.
- 9. place remainder of rosemary and thyme on top of fish.
- 10. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11. squish the last half of lemon on top of fish and herbs.
- 12. Sit on very hot grill, put cover on and let grill for 1/2 hour.
- 13. Take off any pieces of thyme and rosemary, then cut and serve.