Recipe by Bratalli
Simple recipe that taste out of this world. Cook this for friends and they love it! Don't worry about having too much thyme and rosemary. I serve this with grilled corn on the cob and fresh salad.
- cedar plank, made (for cooking, approx. 12 x 6)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb salmon, slab
- 2 large lemons
- 1 (4 ounce) package fresh thyme
- 1 (4 ounce) package fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cupf brown sugar
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1 small bottle apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. fill large pan with water. Add the cedar plank and pour in apple juice.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour to overnight. (I use a couple of soup cans to keep the plank submerged in the water.
- 2. Wash and pat dry fish.
- 3. rub the olive oil on both sides of fish.
- 4. rub the brown sugar on both sides of fish.
- 5. slice 1 1/2 lemons into circles about 1/2 inch thick.
- 6. place lemons on top of the plank.
- 7. place half of fresh rosemary and thyme on lemons.
- 8. place fish on top of this.
- 9. place remainder of rosemary and thyme on top of fish.
- 10. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 11. squish the last half of lemon on top of fish and herbs.
- 12. Sit on very hot grill, put cover on and let grill for 1/2 hour.
- 13. Take off any pieces of thyme and rosemary, then cut and serve.