This is a basic grilled recipe for cauliflower. Its nicely charred and has a bite. If using fresh herbs use 1 tablespoon to 1 teaspoon dried.
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into quarters keeping the main stem attached)
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
choice of spices mix and match
- 1 teaspoon dried curry powder or 1 teaspoon dried ground cardamom or 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients but cauliflower together.
- Brush the mixture onto the cauliflower being careful not to break the flowerettes. Let marinade for 20 minutes.
- Place the quartered sections on medium high heat on an outdoor grill.
- Cook till grill marks are present about 5 minutes. Flip and grill 5 more minutes.
- At this point you can remove and enjoy crisp.
- You can place the cauliflower in heavy foil on grill and continue to cook till tender and soft to your liking.
- Place the cauliflower on indirect heat and continue till tender.
- You may need to add more oil to baste. Season with salt and pepper.