Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fast, easy, cookout favourite. Serve with grilled potato and veggie kabob, and Mexican cornbread, or tortillas.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml salt
- Sprinkle catfish with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place catfish in a well-oiled grill basket, or on a well-oiled grill rack.
- Grill on an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for about 5 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily.
- HOMEMADE SALSA: In a bowl combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeno peppers, vinegar and salt and stir well Let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Chill to store.
- Serve over catfish fillets, hot off the grill.
Loved it, the salsa really set off the catfish, It was nice to have catfish without a coating for a change, lovely with just salt and pepper. I couldn't grill the fish, had to do it in the frypan, just sprayed it with veggie spray, worked great! The salsa was wonderful, I used chopped cherry tomatoes and balsamic vinegar because that was what I had in. Had some left over and will use it up with lunch tomorrow. Thanks for posting we thouroughly enjoyed this meal!!