Recipe by s'kat
An interesting new way with catfish that I found in the paper. I'm anxious to try this one out! From one of my favourite places, the Catfish Institute!
Top Review by P4
S'kat I know you haven't tried this one yet, so I feel a little bad about this review, but I know if you tried it you you would probably agree with me. I wanted to like this recipe - I love coffee, love catfish - sounded so interesting and promising! It wasn't interesting at all. It wasn't bad, though. Everyone cleared their plate. But - it had no flavor at all. Truly. Very bland. I followed the recipe EXACTLY. It was okay - the fish was well cooked. It was just bland.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 lbs catfish fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, instant coffee, butter, onion powder and salt.
- Brush mixture thickly onto fillets.
- Broil 3- 4 inches from the outdoor grill for 10 minutes.
- Turn and brush fish again with sauce.
- Broil 10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily.
- Brush the catfish again with the coffee butter and serve.
- If you prefer to broil in the oven, have the rack about 6 inches from the broiler and cook for 4 minutes per side.