8 hrs 30 mins
This dish comes from "The BBQ and Grill Book". Serve it with a green salad and a hot chilli dipping sauce. Prep time include marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken legs or 4 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 2 ounces cashews or 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 inches lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1Using a sharp knife, slash the chicken pieces several time to the bone.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Place the nuts in a food processor and grind until fine.
- 4Add the shallots, garlic, chillies, & lemon grass and blend.
- 5Add the remaining marinade ingredients and blend again.
- 6Spread the marinade over the chicken and leave for up to 8 hours in the fridge.
- 7Cook the chicken on a medium heat BBQ for 25 minutes basting and truning occasionally.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cashew Nut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 1367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar