Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This dish comes from "The BBQ and Grill Book". Serve it with a green salad and a hot chilli dipping sauce. Prep time include marinade time.
- 4 chicken legs or 4 chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
- 2 ounces cashews or 2 ounces macadamia nuts
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 2 inches lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Using a sharp knife, slash the chicken pieces several time to the bone.
- Set aside.
- Place the nuts in a food processor and grind until fine.
- Add the shallots, garlic, chillies, & lemon grass and blend.
- Add the remaining marinade ingredients and blend again.
- Spread the marinade over the chicken and leave for up to 8 hours in the fridge.
- Cook the chicken on a medium heat BBQ for 25 minutes basting and truning occasionally.