Recipe by 2Bleu
A wonderful tropical dessert for outdoor BBQ'ing.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm sure I deleted at least half of the 'Caribbean' part of this recipe, but I needed a substitute for the rum & had it in some juice generated from a fruit salad I'd made several days ago (mostly a mixture of orange, lemon & pineapple juices, to which I added a dash of coconut extract). Other than that, your recipe was followed, & although the dessert I made might not have had the soothing properties of one with rum included, it was still a very nice tasting treat! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄4 cup coconut rum (or any fruit flavor)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 poundcake, sliced thick
- 2 pints butter pecan ice cream (or choice flavor)
- 2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 papayas, peeled and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix rum and butter. Brush each slice of cake generously on both sides.
- Grill about 2 minutes per side, turning with a spatula very carefully so it does not break apart.
- Transfer to serving dishes and top with ice cream and mango/papaya slices.