Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These burgers are spicy, but have the coolness of lime. Be sure to use only the green part of the lime zest.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 lb ground pork, preferably lean
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Combine everything but the olive oil and form into 4 patties.
- Cook burgers on the grill.
- Lightly coat each burger bun with olive oil.
- Toast the buns.
- Serve topped with your favorite condiments.
These are a nice deviation from a regular burger though I didn't feel that they were spicy. They did have good flavor and I enjoyed the heavy amount of thyme in these. I served a pasta salad as a side which made for a pretty good dinner.