Kate DeMello's Note:
This dish goes great with a salad in the summer. It sounds complicated and the flavors are complicated, but it is SO EASY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut rum (I use Parrot Bay)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Heat grill and spray with nonstick spray.
- 2Rub jerk seasoning into chicken.
- 3Grill chicken 8-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 4In a saucepan, pour juice from canned pineapple, rum and vinegar.
- 5Chop one slice of pineapple into very small pieces and add to the saucepan.
- 6Zest the lime into the pan.
- 7Simmer over medium - low heat until the liquid reduces by half.
- 8Add cilantro, butter, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9simmer for a few minutes on low.
- 10place sliced pineapple on hot grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side--just enough to leave grill marks.
- 11serve chicken with pineapple on top and sauce poured over.
- 12Squeeze the juice of the lime over the dish.
- 13I like to serve it with a fresh summer salad--the sauce makes a nice dressing when cooled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Caribbean Jerk Chicken W/ Pineapple Reduction
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 28.2 g