Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This dish goes great with a salad in the summer. It sounds complicated and the flavors are complicated, but it is SO EASY!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut rum (I use Parrot Bay)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat grill and spray with nonstick spray.
- Rub jerk seasoning into chicken.
- Grill chicken 8-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a saucepan, pour juice from canned pineapple, rum and vinegar.
- Chop one slice of pineapple into very small pieces and add to the saucepan.
- Zest the lime into the pan.
- Simmer over medium - low heat until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add cilantro, butter, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- simmer for a few minutes on low.
- place sliced pineapple on hot grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side--just enough to leave grill marks.
- serve chicken with pineapple on top and sauce poured over.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the dish.
- I like to serve it with a fresh summer salad--the sauce makes a nice dressing when cooled.