Recipe by Kate DeMello
This dish goes great with a salad in the summer. It sounds complicated and the flavors are complicated, but it is SO EASY!
Top Review by pasmaszek
We made this recipe for the 1st time tonight. It is a keeper! We had friends over who are both cooks and they both loved it! Both my husband and our one friend loved the Pineapple Reduction over their salad. We served it over brown rice and it was great! Because I knew my husband would probably eat it over his salad as well as other I doubled the Pineapple Reduction portion of the recipe and it turned out great!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut rum (I use Parrot Bay)
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill and spray with nonstick spray.
- Rub jerk seasoning into chicken.
- Grill chicken 8-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a saucepan, pour juice from canned pineapple, rum and vinegar.
- Chop one slice of pineapple into very small pieces and add to the saucepan.
- Zest the lime into the pan.
- Simmer over medium - low heat until the liquid reduces by half.
- Add cilantro, butter, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
- simmer for a few minutes on low.
- place sliced pineapple on hot grill and cook 2-3 minutes per side--just enough to leave grill marks.
- serve chicken with pineapple on top and sauce poured over.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime over the dish.
- I like to serve it with a fresh summer salad--the sauce makes a nice dressing when cooled.