Recipe by justcallmetoni
Another gem adapted from the National Chicken Council, this recipe uses spices and flavors of the topical Caribbean to liven up the humble (and often bland) chicken breasts. As warm weather approaches in the northern hemisphere, this will be a hit at the family BBQ.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (green and white part)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large shallow bowl or resealable bag, mix together orange juice, orange peel, olive oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, scallion hot pepper sauce and oregano. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator about 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on prepared grill about 6 inches from heat. (Chicken may also be broiled or cooked on an indoor grill, if desired.) Grill, turning, about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. (Reduce time to 5-6 minutes on indoor grill.).