Recipe by GotBoxer?
This sandwich is the perfect summer sandwich. It is fresh, light and it's grilled...what else could you ask for on a hot summer evening? These can also be made on the stovetop or a panini press.
- 8 slices Italian bread, sliced 3/4-inch thick
- 8 slices fresh whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- On four slices of bread layer the mozzerella cheese and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with basil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining slices of bread.
- In a small bowl combine oil, parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Brush over both sides of each sandwich and either place on a grill over medium heat, or cook in a skillet until golden brown.