Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Weight Watchers Slim Ways Grilling cookbook this sounds really good. Here is what they said about it - "This delicious dessert doubles as a wonderful side dish with pork or chicken. Just omit the orange juice and liqueur; instead, combine 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice with a pinch each salt and ground red pepper; drizzle over the grilled melon."
- 1 small cantaloupe, seeded and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavored liqueur, such as Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Prepare grill for a medium fire, using direct method.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water 30 minutes.
- Thread cantaloupe chunks onto six 12" metal or wooden skewers and place at edge of grill.
- Grill 3-5 minutes, turning often, until warmed through.
- Do not char.
- Remove cantaloupe from skewers and place in serving bowl.
- In small bowl combine orange juice and liqueur; drizzle over hot cantaloupe and serve.
- SERVING (ONE-FOURTH OF CANTALOUPE, WITH 1 TABLESPOON SAUCE) PROVIDES: 1 Fruit, 30 Optional Calories.
- PER SERVING: 64 Calories, 0 g Total Fat, 0 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 10 mg Sodium, 13 g Total Carbohydrate, 1 g Dietary Fiber, 1 g Protein, 13 mg Calcium; 1 points.