Recipe by Lilladyc
Excellent, easy dish! Most requested dish come barbeque time!
Top Review by gentleben richards
Lilladye This recipe is in my book, and my heart as well!!! Like recipe 26333 O.K. I'am British an think I was born with a sauerkraut juice bottle in my mouth.Love ya reviews and tastes. But I love to shop in a meat market. Gentle Ben
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently loosen skin from chicken, using fingers, to form pocket between skin and meat.
- Place 1 slice bacon in each pocket.
- Place in microwaveable casserole dish, skin side up, and thickest parts to outside edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one corner to vent.
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes until edges of chicken begin to cook.
- (Will make snapping noise because of the bacon).
- Add pepper to sauce.
- Remove from dish and refrigerate for later, or put on grill skin side down on medium heat or coals.
- Turn chicken over and grill another ten to fifteen minutes or till desired doneness brushing frequently with sauce.
- Heat remeining sauce to boiling, serve with chicken.