Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Excellent, easy dish! Most requested dish come barbeque time!
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- 6 slices Canadian bacon
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- Gently loosen skin from chicken, using fingers, to form pocket between skin and meat.
- Place 1 slice bacon in each pocket.
- Place in microwaveable casserole dish, skin side up, and thickest parts to outside edges.
- Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one corner to vent.
- Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes until edges of chicken begin to cook.
- (Will make snapping noise because of the bacon).
- Add pepper to sauce.
- Remove from dish and refrigerate for later, or put on grill skin side down on medium heat or coals.
- Turn chicken over and grill another ten to fifteen minutes or till desired doneness brushing frequently with sauce.
- Heat remeining sauce to boiling, serve with chicken.
Lilladye This recipe is in my book, and my heart as well!!! Like recipe 26333 O.K. I'am British an think I was born with a sauerkraut juice bottle in my mouth.Love ya reviews and tastes. But I love to shop in a meat market. Gentle Ben