Excellent, easy dish! Most requested dish come barbeque time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Gently loosen skin from chicken, using fingers, to form pocket between skin and meat.
- 2Place 1 slice bacon in each pocket.
- 3Place in microwaveable casserole dish, skin side up, and thickest parts to outside edges.
- 4Cover with plastic wrap, folding back one corner to vent.
- 5Microwave on high for 10 to 12 minutes until edges of chicken begin to cook.
- 6(Will make snapping noise because of the bacon).
- 7Add pepper to sauce.
- 8Remove from dish and refrigerate for later, or put on grill skin side down on medium heat or coals.
- 9Turn chicken over and grill another ten to fifteen minutes or till desired doneness brushing frequently with sauce.
- 10Heat remeining sauce to boiling, serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Calypso Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 60.6 mg
- Sodium 639.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 21.2 g