Recipe by Manami
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large Haas avocado averages about 8 oz (here in Miami - our avocados have a tendency to be a bit larger). Adjust the the quantity accordingly. This is easy, tastes great, & has that WOW factor! It is an elegant first course that combines with baby greens, a spicy salsa and a delicious herbed goat cheese. Provided by the California Commission with a couple of tweaks.
- 1 ripe fresh california avocado (about 8 oz)
- 1⁄3 cup garlic-flavored olive oil
- seasonal baby greens with arugula
- 1⁄2 cup good-quality spicy chunky salsa
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese (we used Boursin)
- 1⁄2 cup finely-diced yellow tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare charcoal, gas grill, or stove-top grill pan.
- Halve the avocado (keeping it in its shell) and remove the pit.
- Lightly brush cut sides with garlic-flavored olive oil.
- Grill halves (cut side down) until lightly marked, about 3-5 minutes.
- Toss greens lightly with garlic-flavored olive oil and mound on plates.
- Gently scoop the avocado out of the shell (keeping it in one piece) and place on top of the greens
- Fill the avocado cavity with salsa, and sprinkle with the herbed goat cheese. (we used Boursin).
- Garnish with finely-chopped yellow tomatoes.