From California Avocados.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 fresh Hass avocadoes, halved
- fresh lime juice (as needed) or lemon juice (as needed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- salt (as needed)
- 1 1/2 cups manchego cheese, shredded finely
- 1 cup panela cheese, grated (can sub mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, shredded finely
- fresh ground black pepper (as needed)
- 3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 3 flour tortillas
- unsalted butter (as needed)
- salsa fresca (as needed)
- 1Cut each avocado half into 5 or 6 slices about 3/8 inch thick.
- 2Brush each slice on both sides with juice and oil; lightly sprinkle with salt.
- 3Grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks.
- 4Mix cheeses thoroughly. Put 1/4 cup cheese on half the tortilla. On top of cheese evenly distribute about 8 poblano strips.
- 5Top with 4 or 5 avocado slices. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon salsa (optional). Top with 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Brown quesadilla on medium heat in hot butter on both sides. Cover pan for a minute or so to finish melting cheese.
- 6Cut into 4 pieces.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled California Avocado Quesadilla
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.7
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.1 mg
- Sodium 453.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: