Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From California Avocados.
- 3 fresh Hass avocadoes, halved
- fresh lime juice (as needed) or lemon juice (as needed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- salt (as needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups manchego cheese, shredded finely
- 1 cup panela cheese, grated (can sub mozzarella)
- 1⁄2 cup Cotija cheese, shredded finely
- fresh ground black pepper (as needed)
- 3 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 3 flour tortillas
- unsalted butter (as needed)
- salsa fresca (as needed)
- Cut each avocado half into 5 or 6 slices about 3/8 inch thick.
- Brush each slice on both sides with juice and oil; lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks.
- Mix cheeses thoroughly. Put 1/4 cup cheese on half the tortilla. On top of cheese evenly distribute about 8 poblano strips.
- Top with 4 or 5 avocado slices. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon salsa (optional). Top with 1/4 cup cheese mixture. Brown quesadilla on medium heat in hot butter on both sides. Cover pan for a minute or so to finish melting cheese.
- Cut into 4 pieces.