Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is an adaptation of BBQU recipe. My favorite way to cook and eat shrimp. Adjust the heat according to your taste.
- 3 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Rinse the shrimp under cold running water.
- Place the Old Bay seasoning, Cajun Rub, coriander, black peppercorns, and cayenne in a small bowl and stir to mix. Sprinkle the rub over the shrimp and toss to mix. Stir in the olive oil and the lemon juice and stir to mix. Let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 1 hour.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers. Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. If using a gas grill, place all the wood chips or chunks in the smoker box or in a smoker pouch and run the grill on high until you see smoke. If using a charcoal grill, preheat it to high, then toss all of the wood chips or chunks on the coals. When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Place the marinated shrimp on the hot grate and grill until just cooked through, 1 to 3 minutes per side. When done, the shrimp will turn a pinkish white and feel firm to the touch.