Recipe by CountryLady
A little spice, a little salsa, a lot of flavour and its also healthy! The recipe comes courtesy of Good Times magazine. Adjust the cajun seasoning to your own taste - if you don't have any, there are a number of good ones on Zaar!
Top Review by BachelorChow
Simply wonderful. The salsa mixed very well with the salmon. I'd suggest cutting down the oil used in cooking and kicking up the cajun seasoning. I used Tony Chacheire's and it came out perfect!
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (with skin, about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 14 ounces pineapple chunks, in own juice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered) or 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; rub onto salmon.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and cook, turning once, until fish flakes easily when tested, about 10 minutes -- OR bake in preheated 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
- SALSA: Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tbsp juice.
- Combine with remaining ingredients & serve over salmon.