1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large russet potatoes, washed and scrubbed (do not peel, about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (1/8 to 1/4)
- 2 cups mesquite wood chips
- 1Prepare barbecue grill for direct cooking.
- 2Preheat oven to 425°F degrees.
- 3Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; then cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges.
- 4Place potatoes in large bowl.
- 5Add oil and garlic; toss to coat well.
- 6Combine salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, black pepper and ground red pepper in small bowl.
- 7Sprinkle over potatoes; toss to coat well.
- 8Place potato wedges in single layer in shallow roasting pan.
- 9(Reserve remaining oil mixture.) Bake 20 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, cover mesquite chips with cold water; soak 20 minutes.
- 11Drain mesquite chips; sprinkle over coals.
- 12Place potato wedges on their sides on grid.
- 13Grill potato wedges, on covered grill, over medium coals 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and fork-tender, brushing with reserved oil mixture halfway through grilling time and turning once with tongs.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cajun Potato Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 399.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g