Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Something else very tasty is to put bacon on instead of rd peppers, or both at the same time.
Make and share this Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 3 -4 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices roasted red peppers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 whole grain buns, split and toasted
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Place each breast, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a mallet until chicken is just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Grill or broil as directed.
- Spread buns with Thousand Island salad dressing mixed with a few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Top with roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips, lettuce, and bun tops.
- Makes 4 servings.
- To cook by direct grill method: Arrange chicken on a grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once.
- Add cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- To broil: Arrange the chicken on an unheated broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once.
- Add cheese the last minute of cooking.
A good sandwich. Quick and easy. Used an indoor George Foreman grill. Subbed cheddar and a toasted english muffin. Might use some bbq sauce next time.
Excellent sandwich! I used chicken tenderloins instead of whole breasts simply because they were on sale. It worked well though. I seared the chicken on my cast iron grill pan then transferred it to my toaster oven sheet and covered them with cheese slices and then broiled them for a few minutes. We also served extra thousand island dressing on the side for dipping!
This was really good. I had to use what I had on hand which was just regular buns, instead of peppers I used sauteed onions, and I used fat free swiss. Will make again, Thanks.