1/6 Photos of Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Jess Scefing's Note:
Something else very tasty is to put bacon on instead of rd peppers, or both at the same time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 3 -4 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices roasted red peppers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 whole grain buns, split and toasted
- 1Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- 2Place each breast, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- 3Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a mallet until chicken is just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- 4Brush with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- 5Grill or broil as directed.
- 6Spread buns with Thousand Island salad dressing mixed with a few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce.
- 7Top with roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips, lettuce, and bun tops.
- 8Makes 4 servings.
- 9To cook by direct grill method: Arrange chicken on a grill rack.
- 10Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once.
- 11Add cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- 12To broil: Arrange the chicken on an unheated broiler pan.
- 13Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once.
- 14Add cheese the last minute of cooking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cajun Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.6
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 680.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers