Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Something else very tasty is to put bacon on instead of rd peppers, or both at the same time.
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 ounces total)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 3 -4 dashes bottled hot pepper sauce
- 4 slices roasted red peppers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 whole grain buns, split and toasted
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Place each breast, boned side up, between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Working from center to edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a mallet until chicken is just less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush with oil; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.
- Grill or broil as directed.
- Spread buns with Thousand Island salad dressing mixed with a few dashes bottled hot pepper sauce.
- Top with roasted or fresh red sweet pepper strips, lettuce, and bun tops.
- Makes 4 servings.
- To cook by direct grill method: Arrange chicken on a grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once.
- Add cheese the last 2 minutes of grilling.
- To broil: Arrange the chicken on an unheated broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once.
- Add cheese the last minute of cooking.
A good sandwich. Quick and easy. Used an indoor George Foreman grill. Subbed cheddar and a toasted english muffin. Might use some bbq sauce next time.
Excellent sandwich! I used chicken tenderloins instead of whole breasts simply because they were on sale. It worked well though. I seared the chicken on my cast iron grill pan then transferred it to my toaster oven sheet and covered them with cheese slices and then broiled them for a few minutes. We also served extra thousand island dressing on the side for dipping!
This was really good. I had to use what I had on hand which was just regular buns, instead of peppers I used sauteed onions, and I used fat free swiss. Will make again, Thanks.